Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Waruku Nite...




It was Cuiyi's 27th birthday celebration, me and Shirley have been plotting to give Cuiyi a surprise.


The celebration took place at a Japanese restaurant, called Waruku located at Cuppage. Thanks to Peiting for helping to book the place - the place is great, we like the tatami style.

It was really a rush for me cos I was caught at a 5.30pm's meeting, but thanks god, it was ended by 6.40pm and I'm still in time to catch a cab down.


Cuiyi is indeed surprised to see us at the restaurant. I guess this is her second shock of the day after the flower in the morning :P


The food is great, although I don't take sashimi, the cooked food is already very appealing, especially the udon highly recommended by Peiting, the texture is quite chewy as compared to other udon.

We ordered quite a fair bit of food, from sashima, tempura, sushi to ubon...




The highlight is definitely the cake cutting. Oh well, I will say the culprits are always the usual clicks, hahaha... you may may refer to the picture to spot it ya... Not forgetting, to thank Jiabi for the cake, its from Baker Inn - the cake is great, we still got to eat it even though its being smashed.





We bought Cuiyi a bag, her favourite brand - PORTER. It was shared by, Peiting, Stephanie, Jiabi, Shirley See, Yogi, Jannie, Shimin, Sharon and me.


Check out this link for more pictures

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x293/racheljialin/Cuiyi%20Birthday%202007/


No comments: